Parents are welcome at our school. It is widely acknowledged that learning is enhanced when parents and teachers are recognised as partners in education.
Parents can be involved by:
- Attending parent information evenings
- Attending parent-teacher-student meetings
- Supporting special activities such as athletics or swimming carnival, Mission Day
- Assisting in the classroom
- Assisting on an excursion.
Each class has class parents who support the class teacher and promote school activities.
Class teachers are happy to discuss your child’s progress. However, please make an appointment convenient to both parent and teacher, as teachers are often involved in meetings both before and after school.
It is a legal requirement that any parents working with children in the school must sign a Prohibited Employment Declaration (available online at www.nswchildprotection.com.au) and complete a mandatory induction with the principal at school.